1. Jesus is the One who fuels genuine passion, so we stay close to Jesus, we honor Jesus in all we do, and we make time with Jesus first priority.
2. Values are easier caught than taught, so we will go first and lead by example in the
things we expect of Cornerstone Church. Remember…
• Excellence brings God glory unless it becomes an idol, so we strive for excellence but we move forward even when excellence is not yet in reach.
• Integrity is required for leadership, so we honor our covenant and remain accountable to our leaders, and put our families before ministry.
• Ministry is a privilege many would want to do for free, so we work hard to honor and earn the right to be in our role.
3. The mission launches every Sunday and gets carried out all week long, so we create ministry opportunities outside the weekend worship gathering.
4. Teamwork is more valuable than specialization, so we help each other out as a team, pitching in to make everyone around us more successful.
5. Failure is a sign that we’ve taken a risk in faith, so we will take risks and celebrate failure and learn from it rather than playing it safe.
6. We lead by serving people, and we serve by leading people, so we value the soul of those we lead more than valuing what they can do for us.
7. Discipleship – My real role is developing disciples and servant-leaders, so we spend time with people in real life and we give ministry away whenever possible.